The Compatt 6 transponder is fully compatible with all 6G® equipment and Sonardyne’s latest 6G® LBL and USBL systems.
Sonardyne Wideband®2 advanced signal processing offers improved acoustic performance in challenging conditions, longer range, improved multipath rejection around structures and real-time range diagnostics for quality control. Sonardyne Wideband®2 also reduces the interference to and from adjacent Sonardyne and other acoustic positioning systems.
The Type 8300 Compatt 6 is the standard length version and is based on the field proven mechanics of Compatt 5 with improvements to the end cap closure mechanisms. The design offers the perfect balance between size, acoustic output and battery life. Several depth ratings are available: 3000 m, 5000 m and 7000 m, all hard anodised aluminium alloy with protective polyurethane sleeve.
• MF frequency band utilising Sonardyne Wideband®2 ranging and telemetry protocols
• Dramatically faster and easier to set-up, calibrate and operate• More robust performance in shallow water and reverberant environments around structures etc
• Real time diagnostics available on ranges to enable quality control
• Reduced mutual interference to further improve simultaneous ops
• Advanced multi-user / multi-vessel capability
• More than 500 unique Sonardyne Wideband®1 and 2 addresses
• Sonardyne Wideband®1 and HPR400 navigation compatible
• Automatic power-down if not used for a programmable period
• Integrated modem mode with data rates ranging from 100 to 9000 bits per second in multiple frequency bands
• Highly reliable release mechanism• Omni or directional transducer
• Standard sensors – temperature, pressure and MEMS inclinometer• Optional sensors – Paroscientific DigiQuartz pressure sensor, inclinometer and sound velocity
• Field proven