The Panametrics-NDT™ EPOCH 4 is an advanced digital ultrasonic flaw detector that combines powerful, featured measurement capabilities, a comprehensive internal datalogger, and a wide range of software options to solve many demanding inspection problems. Signal processing features include a 25 MHz bandwidth to permit testing of thinner materials, a selectable square wave pulser to optimize penetration on thick or attenuating materials, and narrowband filters to improve signal-to noise in high gain applications. The EPOCH 4 incorporates rugged packaging and a conveniently organized directaccess keypad, and offers the choice of high-resolution Liquid Crystal or Electroluminescent displays.
A large capacity datalogger allows field storage of test data that can then be transferred to the PC via its versatile GageView PRO Interface Program.
EASY AND FAST OPERATION The EPOCH 4 with its robust packaging design, large display, and functional color-coded keypad provides easy and fast operation in difficult inspection environments. Important keys such as Gain, Freeze, Save Thickness, Save Waveform, Enter, and Slewing Keys are grouped together for easy thumb control and one-handed operation of all critical parameter settings. The five Function keys allow quick access to preset parameter values that can be customized by the operator.
• Customizable narrowband filtering
• Selectable, tunable square wave or negative spike excitation pulser
• Light, ergonomically designed (5.7 lbs / 2.6 Kg)
• Fast minimum 60 Hz electronics update rate
• High-power NiMH battery
• Large, bright, high-resolution ELD or LCD with full/split screen views
• Automated transducer calibration
• 400” (10,000 mm) full screen range at longitudinal velocity of steel
• Superior minimum range capability (0.038” or 1 mm full scale at longitudinal velocity of steel)
• Display Freeze holds waveform and soundpath data
• Soundpath data viewable in inches, millimeters, or microseconds
• Peak Hold and Peak Memory
• RF display mode
• Alarms, threshold positive/negative, or minimum depth
• Dual Gate with Echo-to-Echo measurements
• Security Key enables remote upgrade of software options
This item is available for sale - here